Boujee Haluski (Instant Pot Haluski)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Polish
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium head cabbage, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, minced
3 cups water
1 lb. brown rice fusilli (I used these)*
salt + pepper
fresh parsley, for topping
- Press Sauté on your Instant Pot. Set the timer for 10 minutes. Add your olive oil, cabbage, onion, and a small pinch of salt, and sauté with a wooden spoon for about 10 minutes. Within the last minute, add your garlic. The goal here is to cook down the cabbage and release some of the water.
- Press Cancel on your Instant Pot. Then add your water and pasta. Mix well, ensuring that the pasta is wet. Add a 1/4 cup more water if needed.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid. Press Pressure Cook. Make sure it’s on High Pressure, and then set the timer for 3 minutes. Make sure the valve on the lid is set to Sealing.
- Allow the Instant Pot to cook (it comes up to pressure, then cooks for three minutes), and then carefully release the pressure by turning the lid valve to venting.
- Stir and season generously with salt and pepper (I love looooots of pepper in this!!). Serve immediately as is or with your protein-o-choice!
If you’re not using the same brown rice fusilli, be sure to reference this post to get your correct cook time.
Keywords: haluski, vegan haluski, vegan pasta